Sunday, January 13, 2008

Girls Night Out

I took a trip for work the second week of January. I was back in NY, and I was able to meet my "girls" for dinner and drinks. I really love my friends. Actually one of my favorite people in the world (not one of my girls) was also able to meet us for dinner. He is a former co-worker and just an all around fantastic person. 

Its nice to spend time with people that you have a history with. Someone that has see the best and the worst of you and still loves you. I am starting to make friends like that in Michigan. I met a few women from work, and my awesome real estate has also become a friend. 

There is something about the company of women. The rarely if ever suggest that you are asking too many questions, or wonder why you want to know something. We just know. Its easier to be open about painful lessons learned, family issues and the dread weight issue. We laugh and cry together. 

I didn't have a sister, and although I am very close to my brother and my male cousins, there is just something different, cool and fantastic about female friendships.