Sunday, February 03, 2008

Football Widows

As I have posted before, Sweetie is a huge sports fan. 

Today was the Super Bowl. His team, the NY Giants won. Yeah. I wanted them to win for several reasons, one because they were up against the NE Pats. I don't like anything about Boston, including their sports teams. If my team (the Steelers) are not in the Super Bowl then I always route for the underdogs.  The Pats had a perfect record going into the game and NY took them down and prevented a perfect season. 

Overall I am pretty happy that they won.
 
I can see, however, women can tune out football and their men while they watch it. After all men do that to their partners when they are watching the game. I actually was reading at some point and tuned out the game and Sweetie. I suppose when something has your attention, with a little bit of focus you can turn out even your friends, and loved ones.

Maybe Sweetie is somewhere explaining  on a blog that he is a "book" widdower.